IOT, Food, Form Factors, and CEO struggles are my favorites for the last week
- Most ‘traditional’ applications only involve two of the five areas mentioned here, and we’re already seeing the people that understand the others get a huge leg up in hiring and new product development.
- Food is so, so tricky. Someone is going to win this space in a big way, but most VC’s are terrified of the long history of failures.
- Great post on companies that have been surpassed by nearly every competitor and what they’re doing to turn it around.
- Personal Finance is a huge passion of mine, but it’s an absolutely infuriating space full of misinformation. This article does a nice job of highlighting some prominent areas where dogmatic thinking hasn’t quite given way to reason.
- Great article about a tumultuous year for what was once a Gold Star company. I honestly have no idea what to make of their troubles after reading it, other than ‘doing food well at scale is hard’.
- Great article on why some CEO’s are great in succession while others fail to carve our long term success for their companies.