Idiots, Dishonesty, Threats to Democracy, and Twitter. It’s a heavy week.
- It’s easy to forget the lasting impact structural and systemic choices have. Nothing changes overnight, and the lasting impact of communism in Eastern Germany is chilling.
- An interesting piece about the challenge of cognitive dissonance as intelligence grows.
- A shockingly great video series about the perils of Silicon Valley.
- A chilling read about how the brain comes to accept dishonesty over time.
- I disagree with a lot of what this article posits, but it’s undeniable that Facebook massively skews what content is consumed by a huge number of people, the effects of which will inevitably be negative at times.
- I feel like I end up defending Twitter on a daily basis. This article does a terrific job of explaining why it’s an essential tool in the public discourse.